Monday, February 8, 2010

Blah blahb lah


A sketch of one of my characters. I never usually try to draw realistic faces from memory, but that day was just one of those days. This one's recent, I felt like after all of these silly messy sketches from years ago, you have to at least have a peek at how I'm doing now.



My beloved druid Katzi. I have a ton of WoW sketches.... but I'll spare you. :P This one's my favorite mostly because of the colors.
And now on to more school stuff.



I sketched these sculptures by Rodin at the Legion of Honor last year. I love that sculpture of "The Kiss" and I've always wanted to draw it. It's based off of a circle of hell in Dante's Inferno. Pretty intense stuff.



This was sometime shortly after I was learning how to get better at line quality and gesture. You'll start to see my improvements pretty soon. These are the last of my Anatomy class and next post will be my Intermediate Figure drawing!

HERE HAVE A PAINTING! I'll start posting one of these too.... From my still life painting class. There's kind of a crappy glare on it, but you get the gist of it, right? Oh and.... *whispers* if you know anyone that wants a simple painting like this hanging in their house somewhere, I'm willing to take time out of my busy week and be paid a moderate amount to paint one, or sell one of the ones I already have. *wink wink nudge nudge*




-Jenni

5 comments:

emily saint pierre said...

You are sooo amazing!! I love the oil painting! You are getting so good love it!

Sarah said...

I've never seen "The Kiss" before, but Dante's Inferno is one of my favorites! And you are awesome. Stop it. LOW SELF ESTEEM ATTACK.
Hi.

Jenni Williams said...

Don't feel a low self esteem around me :(

All of this has taken a ton of practice, hard work, and 6 hours a day of drawing and painting classes. It's more practice than talent. You're amazing at guitar, so there!

J Lou said...

Nice studies! I also like that portrait. Was it drawn on recycled toned paper? I was just thinking of buying one :P

Jenni Williams said...

Yeah J, it's recycled paper. I like it a lot! It's the perfect midtone. Makes for some dynamic sketches too. :D